The following terms and conditions are an agreement between you and leave ur mark and shall be binding on you. When you make a booking for a leave ur mark venture, you are agreeing to what is written below:
The project fee covers the following:
- An internship or volunteer placement in India.
- Details of your project(s), accommodation Country Director.
- An airport pickup and drop-off on your start date (Any given Sunday).
- An orientation on arrival in country with Welcome Lunch and Welcome Kit
- Services of a Country Director and 24-hour emergency support
- Food-3 Meals Per Day
- Goodbye Dinner
- Co-ordination with your project on a bi-weekly basis
- Information on the city and activities
Volunteers/Interns agree to pay Leave ur mark' registration fee as set out in http://www.leaveurmark.com which is strictly non-refundable. Upon receipt of your application form, we will start to process your application.
Full details of this process, the project, and the application form itself, will be provided in your Welcome E-Mail. We work with various organizations who make changes in their own projects and schedules. Hence the accuracy of our times and information submitted would be subject to change from to time at your own risk. Nevertheless it will be our endeavors to update all the information available with us to keep you well informed on any changes
The fees being charged for making changes in the project are as follows:
- 90 Days and Over Prior to Start Date: Free
- 89-60 Days Prior to Start Date: $50
- 59-29 Days Prior to Start Date: $100
- 28 Days Prior to Start Date: Cancellation Policy Applies
The final deadline for receipt of fully completed application and the payment of fees will be 30 days before your placement. Leave ur mark reserves all the rights to cancel your placement at its sole discretion
We are entitled to refuse your application or cancel your booking at any time in the event that
(1) the application form is incomplete and the balance payments have not been made as required within the dates given in the welcome email
(2) for not providing your correct information as requested by us
(3) failure to demonstrate adequate interest for your chosen placement
(4) in case you having a criminal record which is irreconcilable with your placement or
(5) any other circumstances we deem relevant
You have to provide documents such as passport and visa or birth as your age proof upon arrival.
Leave ur mark has the right to change the prices of its’ projects depending on currency fluctuations and other general inflationary costs.
- Cancelling Your Project:
We understand that you may need to cancel the programs due to unusual circumstances at your end. If you need to cancel your trip, your travel insurance company might be able to cover your expenses. We are not able to return all your money due to the costs associated with booking your project. We have administration costs of phone, paperwork, banking and promotional materials that come into effect when you register with us. Our country directors keep space set aside for you in the housing and the project, all of which costs us money and time. If you cancel 30 days prior to your trip, we are not able to give you a refund due to the above points. The cancellation policy and the refund that would be given would be as follows:
- 90-61 Days Prior to Start Date: 75% returned (application fee non-refundable)
- 60-31 Days Prior to Start Date: 50% returned (application fee non-refundable)
- 30 Days and Under Prior to Start Date: Non-refundable
If you are not accepted onto your chosen project, we will try to arrange an alternative. We will make changes only with your approval. If you are not happy with the alternative, or we cannot find a suitable equivalent project for you, we will refund your placement fee in full. Please note that in any of these situations, we will not be able to refund additional expenses such as flights, visa, inoculations costs, and other travel expenses.
Your placement may be disrupted by an unusual event or circumstances that leave ur mark could not reasonably have foreseen. If the unusual event is serious enough to significantly affect your placement, we will try to arrange a suitable alternative placement as soon as is reasonably possible, at another location where the unusual circumstances are not a problem. You have the right to accept or decline the alternative.
We do not make any refunds in these situations and you will be responsible for any travel costs or any other associated costs incurred by you. leave ur mark does not accept responsibility or any liability direct or indirect for the effect arising out of any unusual events or for any loss, damage, expense or claim of any description you may suffer as a result.
As soon as you land in India, a representative of leave ur mark will meet you upon arrival into India. You will receive their full contact details in your Welcome E-Mail.
Our representatives are responsible for your welcome orientation, arranging and placing you at your project and accommodation. They are also there to show you around the area and giving you advice on places to eat, doctors, hospitals, sightseeing and more. They are available at all hours of the day and night from the time you arrive into India until your project date ends. They are available to support you in case of an emergency.
You must ensure that you have a full passport, valid until at least 6 months after your planned return date.
You may enter into India either through a work permit or a tourist visa. A work permit is difficult to obtain since a lot of documentation is to be done both by you and the organization. The organizations also prefer that you come into India on a tourist visa since the work is not paid work.
Leave ur mark advises you to enter into India on tourist visas. Legally you are not permitted to work on tourist visas, but because you are not undertaking any paid work, you can enter on a tourist visa.
Leave your mark does not take any responsibility if your placement has to be cancelled or significantly curtailed due to the Indian immigration authorities not accepting your visa or changing visa regulations whilst you are in India.
If you undertake any other work in addition to or instead of your placement for which you receive payments and are asked to leave the country as a result, you will not be entitled to any refund or alternative placement from leave ur mark.
It is your responsibility to check all relevant travel advice from your country of residence before you travel. Leave ur mark may issue travel advice during your placement in case the security situation requires it.
You are responsible to clarify any travel advice or information that you receive from leave ur mark to make an informed decision.
Leave your mark does not take any responsibility if your travel gets cancelled due to any force majeure conditions due to which your placement has to be cancelled or significantly curtailed
We will email you the Safety and Health precautions in your Welcome E-Mail. Leave your mark does not take any responsibility for any consequences on your failure to comply with these precautions Leave ur mark reserves the right to reject your application or cancel your booking on medical grounds.
Leave ur mark arranges accommodation and meals in conjunction with various agencies including families who have opted for home stays. While all efforts to provide the special meal requirements if any we cannot guarantee that they will be met, since these are arranged by the agencies supplying the same.
All facilities connected with accommodation, food and toilet will be of local Indian standards and will differ from what you are accustomed to in your home country. You shall adjust to the same as per the provisions made by leave ur mark without demur.
During your placement, if you plan to be out for a weekend or a holiday, you will not receive any refund for the accommodation and meals that you have already paid for, since the same has been already booked.
This policy is adopted by leave ur mark so as to ensure that all Leave ur mark is able to meet up with the financial commitments made to agencies including the guest house and country directors .
Apart from the airport pickup and drop off which are to the account of leave ur mark, you are responsible for transportation costs around the country. It is your responsibility to arrange and pay for any travel costs if you want to travel within India. Leave ur mark shall not be responsible for any travel costs including costs incurred on cancellation, changing or transferring flights or any other arrangements.
It is mandatory that interns and volunteers should sign up for travel insurance once they register with us. In case of emergency or unforeseeable circumstances, travel insurance might be able to cover you for your expenses.
The insurance that you should take must cover risks for baggage, medical expenses and the cost of repatriation including air borne rescue and ambulance cancelled flights, kidnapping, liability arising due to personal injury to you or a third party; cancellation of your placement for any other reason including our liquidation or any other reason beyond our control.
You shall be responsible to ensure that it is adequate as per your special needs and known ailments.
Leave ur mark reserves the sole right to cancel your placement in case you travel without adequate insurance.
All interns and volunteers are expected to behave respectfully in accordance with what is deemed appropriate by the accommodation and the country director. The Volunters/Interns are expected to follow the below mentioned conditions:
• To be aged at least eighteen years of age at the date the placement begins.
• To respect the local culture, customs, and rules
• To arrange and finance and manage your own travel, which includes return air fair and local transportation. It is your responsibility to carry all necessary documents while you travel overseas.
• Volunteers are requested to take medical advice and take necessary safety precautions, inoculations and immunizations with respect to the countries in which you will be placed.
• To bring with you any necessary medications or medical equipment.
• To avoid drinking tap water and eating foods purchased from roadside vendors or in inexpensive restaurants. Water sources are polluted in most developing countries so drinking tap or unboiled water and eating foods from roadside vendors or similar sources might result in illness and parasites. leave ur mark will not be responsible for any damages to your health.
• It is the volunteer's responsibility to take travel advice and learn about travel warnings from your government agencies. leave ur mark will not be responsible for any liability resulting from your failure to take appropriate travel advice.
• You take all responsibility to carry out duties for completing the project and attending the project as planned and agreed with leave ur mark and your placement contact.
• The volunteer or intern must abide by the projects code of conduct/rules and fulfill the duties assigned to the best of his/her abilities, behaving responsibly at all times and co-operating with other staff/volunteers at the project. The Volunteer must inform their project contact of any absence from duties.
• The volunteer or intern, when applicable, is required to provide leave ur mark with a current CRB/police background check at least 6 weeks before departure if working on projects with children. Leave ur mark will let the volunteer or intern know if they need to do this.
We will end our agreement with you:
- If we discover that you have deliberately lied or not disclosed important requested information about yourself during the application process, which may call into question your suitability for volunteering
- If you are found to be involved in the misuse of substances which are illegal in the country of your placement and/or your home country, or you are charged or convicted of a criminal offence while you are on your placement
- If you break any part of the volunteer code of conduct
You may end your agreement with us, in writing:
- If leave ur mark has failed to provide you with the appropriate placement and, if no suitable replacement project has been offered to you
- For personal reasons, i.e. family illness. In these circumstances, you may be able to claim for part of your placement fee
If you terminate your agreement with us for personal reasons once you have started your placement but prior to its completion, you are responsible for the consequences of that decision. We will not be responsible for you once you have left your placement; will not be responsible for any costs, expenses, loss or other sum(s) of any description you incur or suffer as a result; and will not give you any refund of any payments you have made.
Please note that in the event of you leaving your placement early we may contact your stated emergency contacts to inform them that you are no longer under our duty of care.
- Applicable Law And Jurisdiction
These conditions will be governed by the laws of India. We both agree that the Courts at Bangalore, of India will deal with any claim you wish to bring against leave ur mark directly.
We will use all reasonable skill and care in arranging your placement in accordance with our Agreement (including these terms and conditions). The organisations that provide project-work are totally independent of leave ur mark and, while we have coordinated the project, we have no direct control over the organisation(s). Unless we have failed to use reasonable skill and care as above, we will not be liable for what projects do or do not do or for any loss, damage, expense or other claim of any description which you suffer in connection with your placement. We will not be liable for the effect(s) of any unusual event .
Due to last minute announcements, there may be holidays, festivals and closures that can affect your work schedule. We will ensure that a suitable alternative is offered, where possible. If you have had no work for over one month (and this excludes time for holidays both at the placement and your own personal travel), and you have not been offered any alternative work, then a refund of 75% of your total project fee shall be given.
This refund, where payable, is the maximum extent of our liability in this situation. Leave ur mark cannot guarantee any placements due to circumstances outside its control.
By signing these terms and conditions you agree that we may use any photo(s)/image(s) or any comments (written or verbal) you make during or in connection with your placement for our promotional/marketing purposes (such as including them in our brochure / website) without obtaining your further specific permission or making any payment to you.
By completing the Application Form, you are giving your explicit consent to transfer of your personal data and holding/storing of your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data. We would also like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes (for example, sending you a brochure). All details you give us in connection with your booking (including those relating to any disability or medical condition or your religious beliefs) will be kept but we will use only names and contact details for marketing purposes (unless you have asked us not to). If you believe that any of your personal details which we are processing are inaccurate or incorrect, please contact us immediately. As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law, we would encourage you to reread our privacy statement from time to time so that you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use personal information.
Except as expressly stated in this agreement, levae ur mark makes no warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, quiet enjoyment, quality of information, or title/non-infringement and all such warranties are hereby specifically disclaimed.