Students, recent graduates, gap year travelers and families, and university groups can form a group of friends, family or cohort and design their own volunteer abroad or intern abroad experience in India.
Solo traveling is a great way to meet new people but to travel and volunteer abroad with your loved ones can be a wonderful way to explore a new country together. Leave UR Mark encourages participants to grab a friend or form a group to travel and volunteer with you on your adventure abroad. Here are ways we can support your group on an experience together.
- Traveling with just one friend? We will room you together in the accommodation. Traveling with a group of 3 or more? You can stay in our apartment complex together spread out in several rooms.
- Does everyone in your group have different volunteer interests? No problem. We can do individual placements for each member of your group or pair you up in twos or threes for specific projects.
- To help your group logistically plan for the volunteer abroad experience, we will provide group orientations and itinerary planning prior to departure.
- We help your group save money on in-country expenses. For groups of 3 or more, we will provide a $150 discount on all program fees as well as a monthly bus pass for each individual.
- Our flexible start and end dates mean that if someone in your group has to leave early or another wants to stay longer, we are able to accommodate each individual’s travel schedule.
- For groups of 6 or more, we will design a customized itinerary complete with a schedule full of volunteering, interning, sightseeing and cultural activities, transportation and a personal coordinator. We do everything we can to assure the best travel abroad experience for you and your group.
WHAT INTERNSHIPS OR VOLUNTEERING PROGRAMS IN INDIA ARE GOOD FOR MY GROUP?
Some of our internship and volunteer programs lend themselves to be more group oriented while others are great for those looking for individual experiences. Here are some of our top pics for those looking to volunteer with just one friend or a larger group of 5 to 6 others. Click on one of the images below to find out more. If you don’t see something your group prefers, shoot us an email and we’ll match up something interesting for you.
I WOULD LIKE TO FORM A GROUP TO TRAVEL TO INDIA WITH. HOW DO I GET STARTED?
The first step to form a group for your travels is getting in touch with your friends, family or classmates to figure out who is interested. Once you have a list of people that are interested to travel with you figure out what type of trip it will be. Will it be a trip where you all volunteer or intern on different projects and live/travel together? Or will it be an experience where the entire group would like to work on one mission, live, travel, and work together? Can everyone travel on the same dates and does everyone have the same budget? Once these questions are answered, follow the steps below to get your group enrolled in our program.
- Set up a travel consultation with a Leave UR Mark advisor to discuss how many people apart from you will be accompanying you. Figure out the best options for your group and see what experiences will help everyone reach their goals.
- Start a group email, whatsapp group, or wechat group with your group and a Leave UR Mark advisor to help plan pre-departure logistics.
- After the group’s application forms and acceptance letters are in, pick a leader who will arrange everyone to be on the same flight. Leave the rest of the trip planning to Leave UR Mark.
- Finalize any arrival details and itinerary updates for the group.
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO IN INDIA WITH MY FRIENDS WHEN WE ARE NOT VOLUNTEERING OR INTERNING?
India has a lot to offer travelers in the evenings and weekends during your free time from your project. Here are just a few of many activities that we can help organize for your group. Click on an image and then explore the possibilities.